Review results 2018
In 2018 the NCPA and its partners worked on:
- The preparation and realization of two symposia with partners. The practicePractice-led symposium on gender and identity (February 2018) and Practice-led symposium Diversity and Inclusion (November 2018)
- The preparation of the symposium Physicality and performance in dance with partners ArtEZ Academy of theater and dance, Productiehuis de Nieuwe Oost and Moving Futures Festival in February 2019.
- Two new partners joined the network: The Amsterdam School of the Arts, Theater and Dance and Haaglanden MC with the Medical Center for Dancers and Musicians.
- Participation in the PEARL practical research. Codarts Rotterdam (University of the Arts) has received € 1.6 million to set up the Performing artists and Athlete Research Lab (PEARL). The subsidy is provided by the National Directorate for Practice-oriented Research (SIA), part of the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO). PEARL is the first research center in the world that connects performing arts, sports, education, science and business.
- The development of the publication of the free accessible online knowledge base with the archive of the former Health Care for Dancers Foundation (SGD) and the archive of the Dance Research Association (VDO), which will cease to exist and the NCPA will take over its tasks together with partners . The knowledge base will be open to the public in the autumn of 2019.